Installing air conditioning unit is sometimes a complex project. Advice and recommendations before embarking on the installation of air conditioning. This article describes how to install your own air conditioner, although we also recommend hiring a professional
Before Installing Air Conditioning Unit
- Perform a quick heat balance to find out which air conditioning model is right for your home.
- Keep the air conditioner upright during transport and at home.
- Keep the device away from heat sources and check that there are no obstacles blocking the air circulation.
- Check that your electrical installation is equipped with an earth and is suitable for the amperage of the device according to the description.
- Observe the distance between the air conditioner units and the height of the indoor unit.
- Place the outdoor unit in a location protected from direct sunlight, rain and wind.
The Basic Tools
The basic tools necessary for installing Air Conditioning unit:
- Drill and bits
- Core drill or hole saw 60 MM
- Screws and plugs adapted to the nature of the wall
- Universal adjustable wrench
- Allen wrench
- Flat screwdriver (electrically insulated)
- Phillips screwdriver (electrically insulated)
- Meter and spirit level
- Cutter and scissors
- Insulating tape for refrigeration connections
- Leak detector
Installing Air Conditioning Unit Step
The steps for installing a mono split air conditioner, to follow to install and connect an air conditioning system equipped with a heat pump and pre-charged refrigeration connections:
- Place the mounting bracket on the wall of the indoor unit
- Drill the 60 MM passage hole for the refrigeration connections, electric cables, and drainage.
- Prepare the pipes to fix the fittings according to the description and plan.
- Connect the power cables to the indoor unit with earth.
- Connect the evacuation drain pipe to the indoor unit
- Join all the refrigeration pipes and cables using the rings
- Pass them through the 60 MM wall hole and fix the fittings at the end
- Place the external compressor on the ground or on a support base.
- Connect the end pieces of the outdoor unit to the fittings of the tubes coming out of the wall
- Electrically connect the outdoor unit
- Check that the condensed water has drained properly before starting up
- Position the filters in the indoor unit, and the remote control support.
- Fill the air conditioning circuit with the allen key
- Finally, connect the electrical device to the panel and start up.
Call a Professional
When to call a professional for the installation of air conditioning?
Air conditioning units with refrigeration connections to be loaded with GAS (R410A) and therefore fixed to a wall or ceiling, must imperatively be installed by an approved and specialized installer.
Its price varies according to the type of device and its location for invisible air conditioning ductable in a ceiling, a refreshing floor, or classic on a wall. It will also require a VAT of 10% for individuals and 20% for professionals. In addition, with a heat pump, you can benefit from a tax credit under certain conditions, again on condition that you have them installed and purchased by a professional.
Installing air conditioning unit: Note
Also note the Installation of air conditioning by a Professional:
- The installation of air conditioning in a home is generally entrusted to a professional in order to ensure perfect operation.
- In addition to the skills necessary to install reversible air conditioning at home, some condominium associations require owners to have the air conditioning installed by a qualified company such as Cybat.
- It is advisable to inform yourself well before starting your air conditioning work.